What is RAVBg64.exe And ravbg64 is a type of EXE file associated with HD Audio Background Process developed by Realtek Semiconductor Corp. for these Windows Operating System. The latest known version of RAVBg64.exe is 22.214.171.124, which was produced for a Windows. This EXE file carries a popularity rating of 3 stars and a security rating of “UNKNOWN”.
What Are EXE Files?
EXE (“executable”) files, such as RAVBg64.exe, are files that contain step-by-step instructions that a computer follows to carry out a function. When you “double-click” an EXE file, your computer automatically executes these instructions designed by a software developer (eg. Realtek Semiconductor Corp.) to run a program (eg. HD Audio Background Process) on your PC.
Every software application on your PC uses an executable file – your web browser, word processor, spreadsheet program, etc. – making it one of the most useful kinds of files in the Windows operating system. Without executable files like RAVBg64.exe, you wouldn’t be able to use any programs on your PC.
Why Do I Have EXE Errors?
Because of their usefulness and ubiquity, EXE files are commonly used as a method of delivery for virus / malware infection. Often, viruses will be disguised as a benign EXE file (such as RAVBg64.exe) and distributed through SPAM email or malicious websites, which can then infect your computer when executed (eg. when you double-click the EXE file).
In addition, viruses can infect, replace, or corrupt existing EXE files, which can then lead to error messages when HD Audio Background Process or related programs are executed. Thus, any executable files that you download to your PC should be scanned for viruses before opening – even if you think it is from a reputable source.
When Do EXE Errors Occur?
EXE errors, such as those associated with RAVBg64.exe, most often occur during computer startup, program startup, or while trying to use a specific function in your program (eg. printing).
Common RAVBg64.exe Error Messages
The most common RAVBg64.exe errors that can appear on a Windows-based computer are:
- “RAVBg64.exe Application Error.”
- “RAVBg64.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “RAVBg64.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- “Cannot find RAVBg64.exe.”
- “RAVBg64.exe not found.”
- “Error starting program: RAVBg64.exe.”
- “RAVBg64.exe is not running.”
- “RAVBg64.exe failed.”
- “Faulting Application Path: RAVBg64.exe.”
These EXE error messages can appear during program installation, while a RAVBg64.exe-related software program (eg. HD Audio Background Process) is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your RAVBg64.exe error occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
Causes of RAVBg64.exe Errors
RAVBg64.exe problems can be attributed to corrupt or missing files, invalid registry entries associated with RAVBg64.exe, or a virus / malware infection.
More specifically, these RAVBg64.exe errors can be caused by:
- Corrupt Windows registry keys associated with RAVBg64.exe / HD Audio Background Process.
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted the RAVBg64.exe file or related HD Audio Background Process program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted RAVBg64.exe-related files.
- Another program is in conflict with HD Audio Background Process and its shared referenced files.
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of HD Audio Background Process software.
What is RAVBg64.exe and How To Fix It?
Caution: We do not a recommend downloading RAVBg64.exe from “EXE download” sites. These sites about ravbg64 distribute EXE files that are unapproved by the official RAVBg64.exe file developer, and can often be bundled with virus-infected or other malicious files. If you require a copy of RAVBg64.exe, it is recommended that you obtain it directly from Realtek Semiconductor Corp..
Below is a list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your RAVBg64.exe or ravbg64 problems and first know What is RAVBg64.exe. These troubleshooting ravbg64 steps get progressively more difficult and time consuming, so we strongly recommend attempting them in ascending order to avoid unnecessary time and effort.
- Click the Start button.
- Type “command” in the search box… DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type “regedit” and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the RAVBg64.exe-related key (eg. HD Audio Background Process) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the HD Audio Background Process backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as “HD Audio Background Process Backup”.
- In the Export Range box, be sure that “Selected branch” is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your RAVBg64.exe-related registry entry.
There is a chance that your RAVBg64.exe or ravbg64 error could be related to a malware infection on your PC. These malicious intruders can damage, corrupt, or even delete EXE-related files. Furthermore, there’s a possibility that the RAVBg64.exe error you are experiencing is related to a component of the malicious program itself.